Culture, codes and filters
The latest FEIEA Academy was held in the Westminster City Council Chamber in London on Friday 9 November.
Speakers adressed the theme ‘culture, codes and filters’, exploring the unseen but powerful cultural layers that shape how people and organisations communicate.
Local, national and corporate cultures can each play a role in communication and convey meaning to the audience. Whether it is the right meaning – the one we intended – will depend on how much understanding we have of these hidden layers of influence and how effectively we can work through them.
The Academy also gave delegates an opportunity to discuss the factors that define ‘good’ communication across Europe, after hearing from some of the winners of the previous year’s FEIEA Grand Prix.
Academy 2007 speakers
• Bill Quirke, Managing Director, Synopsis Communication Consulting
• Ian Dalton, Director and Head of Internal Communication, Euroclear
• Doris Ladewig, Head of Marketing & Communications, sIT Solutions
• Mark Watkins, Director of Organisational Communications, Nycomed
• Josef Goetz, Communication Consultant and
• former Head of Corp. Comms.,
• Jenny Davenport, Director, People in Business
Grand Prix case study presenters• Urs Schwarz, Credit Suisse
• Clare Parry, Aviva
• Sandra Vitovec, Austrian Airlines
» Contact us…